Owner at Graphic Design by Emily
I am a graphic designer, an entrepreneur, and a Marine Corps Wife. I founded my design studio upon graduating at the top of my class with a BFA in Digital Design in 2006. Originally from Tampa, Florida, I have been building my business from scratch, across three states. I have built an extensive portfolio of work and serve clientele worldwide. With my company's humble beginnings in Long Island, New York it has since traveled to around the U.S., following the path of my husband who serves in the U.S. Marine Corps. I offer services in my current local community as well as clients around the world to make professional design affordable!
FIVE REASONS why you should hire a graphic designer
- A designer saves time – You know your job and do it well. A graphic designer is a professional who knows their field. They know about things like bleed and trap, type-safety and imposition so that you don’t have to. A graphic designer can turn your ideas into reality in a short time, leaving you free to do what you do best.
- Improves your image – We’ve all seen business cards prepared on a home printer using perforated paper and the impression they leave. Well designed advertising and marketing materials will convey an image to your prospective customers of a professional company that they can trust.
- Stand out in a crowd – Every day we’re bombarded by thousands of advertisements all vying for our attention. Your best defense against becoming a part of the noise is through great design that captures your audience’s attention.
- Knows the software – Even if you have professional design software, knowing how to use it quickly, properly and tastefully is another thing entirely.
- Save money – If your art file is not prepared precisely the way it needs to be for printing, you may find that it will cost more to have a commercial printing company “fix” the art file than it would have been to simply hire a professional to prepare proper “print-ready” art files in the first place.